Nutrition Lead Instructor
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Req ID:req8034Position Title:Nutrition Lead InstructorPosition Type:Faculty OSU Campus:ScienceDepartment:ScienceLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Evan BurkalaHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):0.00 - 0.00, CommensurateWork Schedule:Varies, includes evenings and weekendsJob Summary:Job Description:
To develop, in each student, the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn biology presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community. Duties include the coordination of biology courses and adjunct instructors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches a minimum twelve (15) credit hours per semester orequivalent service in the area of nutrition sciences. This may include evening instruction.
- Posts and keeps 10 office hours, as per faculty handbookstandards.
- Teaches college level nutrition lectures.
- Develops online coursework according to best practices foronline course design.
- Maintains accurate student and course records.
- Coordinates the collection of appropriate course and programassessment data as per division policy.
- Maintains and files current course outlines, objectives, andgrading procedures for all nutrition science courses.
- Advises and assists students in selecting appropriateacademic courses.
- Serves as lead instructor for the coordination of part-timefaculty and associated duties.
- Assists in the design/revision of courses and curricula.
- Serves on assigned special projects and committees.
- Participates in faculty/staff development through formatcourse work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations, or professionalliterary material.
- Exhibits innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
- Provides continuing education experiences for the community.
- Completes all mandatory training and participated in aminimum of two professional development each year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position
Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full considerationOfficial transcripts will be required upon hire.Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or Health Educationrequired. Must have a minimum of 18graduate hours in nutrition science.
Must be qualified to teach and provideleadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program; at least one (1)year of college-level teaching experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
Computer skills – Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and internet.Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalismEvidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behaviorOther performance measures:
Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. Must work constructively with faculty, staff, and university officials to accomplish essential job functions. An incumbent must use tact and diplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns are required.Preferred Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Nutrition Science.
Licensed and/or Registered Dietitian (LD/RD) Working Conditions:
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email. Physical Requirements:
Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usageMust be able to handle and safely dispose of chemicals, solutions, biohazardous material, and any other hazardous materials common to the science lab. Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weighs more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift). The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...