The Equipment Operator I (EO I) will perform assigned duties under the supervision of the Site Supervisor, while adhering to Company's operational and safety procedures. The EO I operates, tests, and monitors assigned equipment according to established guidelines of the Company. At the district's discretion the Equipment Operator I may be subject to operating but not limited to Rigging Up, Pump Maintenance, Sand Operations, Acid Operator, Chemical Operations, Gel/ HVFR Operations, Blender Operations, Line Boss/ Ground Foreman, and Pump Operations.
* Directly reporting to Site Supervisor
* Functionally reports to District Manager
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
* Drive Company equipment to and from service jobs, following accepted Company procedures.
* Spot equipment into position. Rig-up/Rig-down treating lines, hoses, tanks, and wellhead connections according to company standards.
* Disconnect, inspect, and/or repair treating components according to Company procedures.
* Perform preventive maintenance on equipment according to Company policy to ensure unit is in safe and proper working condition for the next service job.
* Assist in keeping base location and equipment neat, clean, and in good repair.
* Participate in well site job risk analysis and continual improvement programs in the location that affects client satisfaction.
* Comply with all government, industry and Company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as, reduce environmental impact.
* Blend and prepare chemicals for pumping according to established procedures.
* Operate assigned bulk and auxiliary equipment during treatment, recognize equipment malfunctions, and correct them as necessary or report them to Site Supervisor.
* Perform all other job duties assigned.
Education & Experience:
* Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience (Required)
* 6-18 months field experience (Required)
* Valid CDL A/B -- Hazmat (Preferred)
* First Aid (Preferred)
* CPR (Preferred)
* Forklift Training (Preferred)
* Lock out, Tag out (Preferred)
* PEC Premier (Preferred)
Competencies & Key Behaviors
* Performs work energetically. Seizes opportunities. Reacts quickly to critical situations.
* Works with and helps others to accomplish goals and maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
* Shows up for work and completes scheduled work hours.
* Ability to learn and integrate new technical skills and knowledge.
* Ability to adapt behavior and work methods in response to changing conditions.
* Ability to be relied upon to perform a task in the way required by Company policies and procedures.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
* Field: This job operates mostly on the field with some occasional presence in the office.
Incumbent may be required to work in a nine to twelve-hour shift following a 14/7 rotation. He/she must be flexible to work for extended, non-standard hours whenever there is a requirement.
The job demands standing, walking for periods of 12 + hours per day and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws that prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, religion, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: aggregate, equipment, forklift, heavy equipment, heavy equipment engineer, heavy equipment opr, heavy equipment technician, john deere, operator, press