Food Service Lead
Job Code: 6302
The Food Service Lead is responsible for ensuring that quality dietary services are provided to customers for the operations of Catering, Retail, Patient Services or Production, including the delivery of dining services to INTEGRIS Medical/Executive staff, other internal staff and to external customers. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Food Service Lead responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists in supervising department staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Ensures that all food services are carried out in a safe, sanitary, and timely manner
* Ensures that all employees are equipped to complete their work and that the equipment is maintained in a safe and sanitary manner
* Monitors and maintains Quality Improvement records of quality and quantity of food received and left over
* Develops quality personnel with necessary training, attitudes, motivation, physical and emotional stamina required to function efficiently and effectively
* Processes daily cashier and sales reports and deposits money in the Business Office and cash vault as assigned
The Food Service Lead reports to the Executive Chef, Chef, Manager Hospitality Services, Retail Food Services Manager, or Food and Clinical Nutrition Manager as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposed to extreme cold, flame, heat, noise, sharp cutting instruments, cleaning chemicals, and wet hazards. Must use standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* 3 years food service or catering experience
* Previous culinary school experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Associated topics: catering, chief chef, commercial kitchen, corporate, corporate kitchen, dining chef, executive chef, pizza chef, prep chef, sushi chef