Senior Designer (Electric Utility)
Compensation: $85,490.00 - $134,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Designer (CAD) - Tulsa,Oklahoma - (74103)
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) to facilitate access to facilities.
In this role, you will perform higher level Designer skills with direct to moderate supervision. Must be able to perform proficient level work activities to include: omputer aided drafting to prepare and maintain maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. You will provide preparation of study layouts, design development, cost estimating, peer review of all deliverables defined as proficient work activities, check drawings, peer review, as well as performing other design and engineering work as defined or directed.Day To Day Activities Include:
- Plan and coordinate daily work routines as required to maintain efficient production.
- Create, revise and maintain detailed engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
- Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors catalog technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Read vendors prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into assigned work.
- Prepare study layouts, designs and original working drawings in accordance with company standard practice.
- Check designs for strength or conformity to accepted standards and methods.
- Check manufacturers prints and shop drawings and other drawings necessary to coordinate work with that of others and with the overall design.
- Prepare and check bills of material when required.
- Specify and write purchase requisitions when required.
- Make cost estimates when required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree in applied science AAS in drafting and computer aided design CAD or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology and 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient in working with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods.
- Equivalent experience without AAS degree high school graduate and 8 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
***(Kelly Services does not expense relocation or interview costs)***
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- This position may require shift work or overtime.
- Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.
Important information: To be immediately considered, please send an updated WORD DOCX version of your resume to Deas172@kellyservices.comWhy Kelly®?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...