Technical Support Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
NOTE: This is a Technical Support Position, NOT an IT Position, interested candidates should have Technical Support experience and NOT looking for a position in IT as this is a Technical Support role ONLY.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll advance your skills within a rapidly growing industry and help home and business owners across the country – all from the comfort of an air-conditioned national support center and a comfy chair. At Alert 360, we provide home and business owners leading smart security and home automation solutions (including mobile app control) and you the background and support needed to thrill them with reliable, timely, and professional service over the phone.
At Alert 360, we’re super dedicated to customer service and a team-oriented workplace, which makes your job easier and brag-worthy. There’s proof in our title as “One of the Best Companies to Work in Oklahoma” (four years in a row!) and our A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
As one of the fastest-growing and Top 10 automation and security providers in the nation and with our award-winning products and services as your toolbox, the knowledge you’ll gain – and the service you provide – will literally unlock doors for you and our customers. We’re expanding monthly; with service branches and/or customer centers in 14 cities, we provide room to grow personally and professionally!
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Technical degrees/certifications are a plus
- Schedule flexibility (6:30 am – 10:30 pm), including weekends and holidays
- Recent technical support experience in a call center environment
- Pass required testing
- Prompt and predictable attendance
- Deliver world-class customer service that builds customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Troubleshoot all technical inquiries regarding company hardware and products over the phone
- Make the best use of all resources/tools and technology to troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues
- Provide effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquires
- Strive for one-call resolution of customer issues
- Increase the customer experience by providing information on new products, programming package, and services through up-selling opportunities
- Ability to utilize PC keyboarding efficiently and accurately with proficient data entry skills
- Type a Minimum 30-40 wpm
- Stay current on company policies, procedures as described in the employee handbook
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Be a team player and interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Assist with all other tasks as needed or assigned
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
Tech Support is open 7 days per week, your schedule would include weekends with 2 days off during the week. The department is open from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm, interested candidates would need the availability to work from 1p-10p Monday through Friday, 12p-9p on Saturday and 11a-8p on Sunday.
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in learning more about the position, please submit your resume. If hired, you must pass a background check and be willing to undergo drug testing.Job Requirements:
- Escalated technical troubleshooting support for customers
- Fielding customer technical support requests
- Communicate technical information to non-technical customers
- Help customers with technical issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues
- Provide technical support to computer users
- Apply technical support expertise to resolve customer issues
- Provide technical and non-technical support to customers via phone and email
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Assist in reviewing technical support documentation to ensure technical support staff
- Diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues
- Assist customers in requests for technical product information and technical troubleshooting
- Answer technical problems regarding proprietary software
- Provide technical troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Performing technical and application support
- Perform technical installation and support of all company software and provide resolution for technical issues
- Identifying and troubleshooting technical issues
- Support clients with various technical troubleshooting duties
- Assist customers with technical questions
- Provide both technical and non-technical support to consumers
Loading some great jobs for you...