Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Descriptionand Qualifications
Do you enjoy working on a newer fleet of trucks and trailers? Can you troubleshoot diesel engines and have a strong vehicle maintenance background? We have an opportunity for you at our Mooreland, OK facility.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an experienced Vehicle/Fleet Mechanic for its Mooreland, OK Facility.
The Mooreland Air Separation Facility produces liquid nitrogen. The facility supplies the OFS market within the South Central and South West regions of the U.S. via our liquid and bulk gas fleet. The position reports to the Mooreland Site Manager and is responsible for the maintenance of company owned tractors and tanker trailers.
We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated and well organized, self-starter with strong commitment to safety. You should be a strong team player with ability to work well with fellow mechanics/drivers/operations personnel.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
• Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as necessary on over-the-road Class A, Class B tractors, and tanker trailers
• Document/record repair work performed electronically on computer based vehicle maintenance system
• Perform road repairs when necessary
• Diagnose and repair vehicle electrical, ac, air brake components/systems
• Participation in company safety, training, environmental and improvement programs
• Perform electrical/electronic repairs on tractors and trailers
• Gas and electrical welding experience preferred
• On-call responsibility to provide mechanical support as well as plant operations support
Additional job responsibilities (with on-the-job training provided) will include:
• Perform cryogenic maintenance to include repair/replacing valves, pumps, etc.
• Calibrate pump discharge meters
• Load trailers
• Wash fleet equipment
• Manage inventory for spare tires and fleet equipment parts
• Manage fleet fuels and lubricants.
• Perform delivery operation environmental and safety tasks
• Assist plant operations maintenance
• Opportunity to learn and maintain state of the art tractor
• High School diploma/equivalent
• 3-5 years strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience to over-the-road Class A and Class B tractors and trailers
• Strong mechanical background, with above average computer experience/skills.
• Ability to drive a Class A and Class B tractors (Preferred but not necessary.)
• Electrical troubleshooting skills on 12 volt DC circuits
• Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
• Welding knowledge and experience
• Energetic, highly motivated and well organized, self-starter with strong commitment to safety
• Strong team player with ability to work well with fellow mechanics/drivers/operations personnel
• Solid work history
• Valid Class A CDL preferred but not necessary
BENEFIT PLANS AND PROGRAMS – A valuable part of your total compensation:
• Competitive Pay
• Job position progression
• Vacation/Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan and Pension Plan
• Company supplied tools and tool box
• Company supplied uniforms and safety equipment
• On-the Job Training for specialized cryogenic systems
Technical School Graduates : Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Military Veterans: Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
When it comes to safety at Air Products ZERO IS ACHIEVABLE. Our goal is zero injuries and incidents. People have said that it is an impossible goal. Air Products people have the capability and determination to make 'zero' happen across all aspects of our safety performance by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment. Our employees are expected to demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. You must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...